Meeting Dates

Thursday 28th March Bouldering @ City Bloc Leeds


Tuesday 22 January 2013

Living with God 9

Lesson 9 (Know who sustains us)

Deuteronomy 8:3 "And He humbled you and allowed you to hunger, and then He fed you with manna, which you did not know, neither did your fathers know it, so that He might make you know that man shall not live by bread alone. But by every word that comes out of the mouth of the LORD man shall live.

God wants us to live for Him, to rely on Him and to live in Him. God deals with us to mould us and transform us into something that He is able to use. When I read this passage I find that it is not me who has to humble myself but God who humbles me. That is saying that every situation I find myself, almighty God has allowed it for my good and His purpose.

It is interesting to note that when we are hungry, when we are at our lowest, God feeds us (I am talking here about our whole being, not just an isolated part of us).

He provides manna from heaven to sustain us. He wouldn't do this if He had no purpose for us. God wants to bring us to the place where He provides for us and to that place where we know He provides for us. Are we prepared to abide in that place and pick up the manna, the food that God has loving provided for us?

Or are we going to waste lots of our energy rushing about, in the wilderness, looking for something to satisfy us that doesn't exist?

Lord help me to hear your voice and then apply the words from your mouth so that I may realise that "Man does not live by bread alone" Amen

No comments: