Meeting Dates

Thursday 28th March Bouldering @ City Bloc Leeds


Saturday 12 January 2013

Living with God 8

Lesson 8 (Remember what God has done)

Deuteronomy 8:2 "And you shall remember all the way which the LORD your God led you these forty years in the wilderness in order to humble you, to prove you, to know what is in your heart, whether you would keep His commandments or not.

Why does God have to "prove us and to know what is in our hearts"?

It is not as if the writer is saying this is what it is like being a Christian, God spying on my life, it is the writer saying REMEMBER every where you went God went with you.

God deals with us all in different ways and at different times in our lives. It is not that He is trying to prove anything but that He wants us to learn how to trust Him.
Remember, reflect on how God led you through the difficult times. Did He neglect you? It may have seemed like He had, yet the whole purpose was to know what was in our hearts, to know whether we really meant what we said at the outset of our Christian walk. "I will follow you all my days", "I will serve you".

Personally this post is very true for me at the moment. Whilst I can read the words of this text and say yes it is true "God has led me throughout my life", sometimes it is hard to appreciate in the moment that God is still with me. I can read all the passages in the Bible which say that God loves, cares and watches over me etc etc. yet I can still be all at sea.

What I am learning and what I am asking God for is to teach me to live a life that reflects His steadfastness and His faithfulness.

God of grace and mercy please remind me of you faithfulness, compassion, grace and mercy so that I might remember that you have kept me in all my ways. Oh Lord help me to receive strength from this very act of remembrance so that I can draw strength to live through my present troubles and despair knowing that you will bring me through. Amen.

No comments: